Dinacharya Routine Exercises for Dosha balance
Want to balance your Doshas but don't know where to start? You've come to the right place!
All the five elements - Air, Water, Earth, Fire and Space make up three doshas - Vata (Air + Space), Pitta (Fire + Water) and Kapha (Earth + Water) which are found in different percentages in different human beings. Doshas in Ayurveda influence a person’s physical, psychological, emotional and social attributes. Thus, including the right physical exercises and dietary routine helps to balance the natural dosha of your body and corrects it further.
Look no further! Here’s your sign to appreciate your body and learn how to take charge of your doshas as well as tackle the daily issues you face, be it physical issues like digestion, psychological issues like stress or emotional issues like anger.
Keen to know more about Doshas? Tap here to learn more
Sensitive to hot weather? Having a little too much mood swings and anger? You have a natural Pitta Dosha in your body and here’s the perfect yoga asana for you to manage it -
Certified Face Yoga expert Vibhuti Arora recommends practising Bhramari or the Bee Breath. Here’s a quick how-to :
- Close your eyes and push the thumbs onto the ears, your index finger and middle finger on your eyes, ring finger next to your nostrils and baby finger onto the chin.
- Inhale through the nose and exhale out while making the sound “MMMMMM” as though the sound of a bee buzzing
- Repeat this 3 times
This face yoga exercise relaxes your muscles and calms you down.
Do you feel you get depressed easily and have a slow metabolism? In that case you have a prominent Kapha Dosha in your body. But don’t worry you’re in luck! Presenting the best physical exercise for this body type as suggested by certified Face Yoga expert Vibhuti Arora :
- Start by sitting or standing tall, with your spine and neck straight.
- Next, take your hands and put them overhead creating an overhead namaste.
- Now look to the left or right, try to take your tongue out and touch it with the tip of your nose.
- Now repeat the exercise onto the other side.
- Hold on each side for 30 seconds and repeat to account of three reps on each side.
This exercise is ideal for Kapha Dosha, especially for people who sit in front of a screen and are looking for a quick pick-me-up during the working hours.
Suffering from digestive probems and anxiety issues? You have an active Vata Dosha in your body. Dhanurasana, which is a Hatha Yoga asana works best in this case and helps keep your issues at bay. Here’s how to practice this asana :
- Lie down on your stomach with your feet slightly apart, almost parallel to your hips, and place your arms on the side of your body.
- Slowly, fold your knees up and stretch out and hold your ankles with your hands.
- Breathe in while lifting your chest off the ground and pull your legs up and stretch it out.
Bow pose helps boost blood circulation in the body and enhances your way of living!
Adding these quick and easy to do yoga and face yoga asanas in your daily physical exercise routine would not only help to curb your dosha related problems, but would also enhance your overall wellness and mental health. Follow these tips to enhance your Dinacharya and be the best version of yourself every new day!
Book our face yoga sessions to heal all your physical and mental troubles!