LED LIGHT THERAPY: Everything You want to know!!
You might want to grab a cup of tea or coffee for this one, believe me, it’s a long read but once you are through all will be clear and we can vouch for that.
We all live in a world that is constantly changing and setting up new standards of beauty, there are various brands that talk about different techniques to improve your skin. Over the last decade, the concept of LED Light therapy has come up though it has been researched and worked upon since the 1990s.
So let’s start with the very basics as to what it is!!
- what is LED light therapy?
We all know what LED or a Light Emitting Diode is!! But when it comes to LED light therapy we have a lot of questions. Well if we put it out in the simplest way possible it is a non-invasive treatment that enters the skin’s layers to improve the skin.
Though this technique has gained popularity of late, back in 1990 NASA began researching the effects of LEDs on wound healing in astronauts by assisting cells and tissues in growing.
This therapy technique uses LEDs of various wavelengths to treat skin issues like acne, fine lines and wrinkles, sunburn, psoriasis, and other issues. Quotes, Vibhuti Arora
As long as the proper precautions are taken, Dr. Farber claims that at-home treatments can be quite simple and convenient. Following the instructions of any at-home LED light therapy device you decide to purchase is one of these proper precautions.
Dr. Farber asserts that in many cases, this entails thoroughly cleansing the skin prior to use and using the device while wearing eye protection. Light therapy devices are typically advised for use after cleansing but before other skin-care procedures, much like an analog face mask. In addition, at-home mask treatments are typically quick, just like in-office ones: Whether a full-body or face mask session, a professional or at-home session typically lasts less than 20 minutes.
LED light therapy can gradually improve your skin when used as instructed. To keep your results, you'll need maintenance treatments.
Home appliances use lower frequencies and are not as effective as claimed.
LED light therapy employs a variety of wavelengths that correspond to various visible colors. Each color penetrates the skin to varying degrees.
- Red (620- 630 nm)- One of the most powerful colors to increase blood circulation. Stimulate skin cells to produce collagen to achieve a firm and smooth texture. Great for fine lines and large pores.
- Blue (465- 470 nm)- Excellent for acne reduction, drying, and achieving clear skin. The blue lights kill the bacteria Porphyrins.
- Green (515- 525 nm)- Balances and heals pigmentation, nurtures aging skin, heals acne scars, and speeds up healing of wounds.
- Yellow (565- 590 nm)- Improves microcirculation, adjusts factors, and inhibits melanin production in order to fade dark spots, freckles, improves oxygenation into the skin, and helps you glow.
- Purple (400- 420 nm)- A combination of Red and Blue light delivers 2 phototherapy effects. Relaxes and improves lymph metabolism
- Clear Blue Light (500- 520 nm)- Helps in inflammation skin mitigation, enhances cell energy, and improves skin metabolism.
- White Laser Light- Relaxing, activate your skin's natural renewal system to reverse the effects of aging at the same time restoring younger and healthier skin.
- Are LED masks made for all skin types?
Because it is not based on ingredients, it is suitable for most skin types and is suitable for beginners.
Using an LED face mask on a regular basis can help lift, plump, and brighten skin over time, and it can be used as an instant glow-up or as an anti-aging treatment over time. Furthermore, LED light therapy improves the absorption of topical skincare products, making it the ideal first step in your routine to be followed by all those healthy skincare products.
Well, good quality things are a bit expensive right, but it also depends on the quality of the product. For example at House of Beauty LED Light Mask comes with a 6 months warranty, the pro device has an additional feature on micro-electronics. Brightness and modes can also be customized as per the needs of the client.
Although the light is similar, the materials used to make the mask, as well as the ability to specify different light wavelengths, strengths, and treatment times, result in a significant cost increase.
The higher the quality of the material and the more advanced the technology, the more expensive the mask — which seems reasonable. And if you fell in love with LED treatments after having them performed by a professional and want to replicate the results at home, making it far more affordable as an option.
- What's the right way to use them?
Few things to keep in mind while using the mask are :
- Wash your face before the treatment.
- Press the "Power " button to switch the LED mask on.
- Press "Start/Stop" to start the treatment.
- Set the time by pressing the "Time" buttons". To set the mode, press the "Color" button. To Adjust the intensity, press the "Energy" buttons.
Frequency of Use
- For Daily use - Use any 3 lights for 5 mins each light, a Total of 15 mins
- For Alternate Day use - Use 1 or 3 or 5 lights for a total of 30 mins.
- For collagen-boosting glow use - Use Red light for 15 mins, Green for 5 mins & White laser light for 5 mins.
- Do these masks really make a significant difference? How?
These devices make a HUGE difference, especially for people with auto- Immune and other recurring skin issues where most of the skincare used is either medicinal or nil. LED therapy really strengthens the skin barrier without irritating the skin or need of a topical massage. Since it’s safe and works independently of skincare the dependence of active or multiple skincare products is eliminated too.
The use of different lights that work differently, there is special combinations or mix of lights that we use to treat different skin conditions.
A review of the research on red and blue light therapy for acne in Clinics in Dermatology's March-April 2017 issue found that after 4–12 weeks of treatment, blemishes were reduced by 46–76%.
- What are the dos and don'ts?
- Avoid placing your LED mask in areas with strong sunlight or heat.
- Avoid areas that are dusty and moist.
- Avoid putting LED Mask in an area with an extreme temperature range because doing so could lead to malfunction.
- You should refrain from using the LED mask while you are healing from any skincare procedure.
- Never use the device if you have skin inflammation.
- This should not be used by anyone who is pregnant, nursing, or on their period.
- If you have a condition that is thyroid-related, speak with your doctor.
- If you have a sun allergy, ask your doctor if you can use an LED mask.
- When using the device, remove any jewellery you may be wearing.
Since this is a lifelong investment you must go with a brand that you trust and one that offers after sales service. Such as House of Beauty
We examine the following factors when choosing between various brands and products:
- Which wavelengths and their uses
- How many treatment modes/colors are there?
- The number of LED lights, their grade, and their cost
- Mask Fit Mask Composition
Both budget friendly and Luxe options are available some masks have 3 LED lights I personally recommend my clients to go for all 7 lights as these masks can be shared at home with loved ones or can combat future skin conditions that may arise too. So a once in a life time investment is recommended.
So I think we covered all the points, but if there is something else you would want to know more about you can always drop it in our comments...
Shop House of Beauty's 7-COLOUR PHOTON LED MASK
Shop House of Beauty's 7 LED PHOTON FACE SHIELD
Leave a comment